Spray Polyurethane Foam Chemical Health and Safety Training for the Canadian Market
Read in: English (For U.S.) | Español | Français (Pour Le Canada)
Welcome to the American Chemistry Council (ACC)’s Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI)’s Spray Polyurethane Foam Chemical Health and Safety Training for the Canadian Market. As part of our efforts to support safety and product stewardship, CPI, in cooperation with others, developed and launched SPF training courses which are available free to SPF applicators and helpers who work with high-pressure spray polyurethane foam.
About the Training
The Spray Polyurethane Foam Chemical Health and Safety Training provides information about the use, handling and disposal of SPF, potential health hazards and control measures, including engineering controls and personal protective equipment (PPE). Once you have completed the CPI Training course and received your recognition of completion, you must submit additional information to BPI for CEUs. Click here for more information on how to submit courses to receive BPI CEUs. For RCI CEH recognition, contact CPITraining_@americanchemistry.com.
High-Pressure SPF Chemical Health and Safety Training provides information for SPF contractors, applicators or helpers who work with two component high-pressure SPF systems. REGISTER HERE.
This training is approved for 1.0 Building Performance Institute (BPI) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and 1.5 RCI, Inc. Continuing Education Hours (CEHs).
Take the Online Training
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the training course. A valid email address is required to register. Once you have registered, you will be issued a system-generated unique ID which you should save.
- Complete the training lessons on your own schedule. You can complete all lessons during one session, or complete some and then return at your convenience to finish. Estimated time to complete each course is between 1.5 – 2.5 hours total.
- After completing the course units, the system will prompt you to take a 30 question, multiple-choice exam at the end of each training course.
- If you receive an exam score of 70% or greater, you have successfully completed and can print a “Recognition of Completion” form and wallet-sized card for the course you have completed. This is recognition by the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry that you have successfully completed the training course, as set forth above.
- Note: Your “Recognition of Completion” will be valid for two years from the date of training completion. As your expiration date approaches, the system will remind you via email to renew your training.
Verify a Worker’s Training Status
The Spray Polyurethane Foam Chemical Health and Safety Training allows users to verify a worker’s training status by checking the individual’s unique system identification number that each person received upon completing the training. It can be found on the “Recognition of Completion” card. No company or individual information (address, phone, etc.) will be displayed in this searchable public database. Click here to check training status via a user’s ID.
Continue Your SPF Training and Education
CPI’s online High-Pressure SPF Chemical Health and Safety Training is the first step for many professional applicators in their SPF education.
Additional training and certification programs may be available through your material suppliers, distributors and other third parties like the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance. Learn more.
Click here to learn about the value of certification for SPF installation.